
Was on my way to Party World yesterday; my brother was on his way to Great World; so we shared a cab. One night more than one year ago, in the backseat of a different cab, he had told me all about his new girlfriend then. Yesterday, he updated me on all that had gone wrong with her since, then asked for my advice. I had no wise words for him, just Yodaisms. Our cab got to Party World. I alighted, all upbeat, to go KTVing with Ms C and Ms H.
But his confession caught up with me. Somehow, I was choking back tears when I did my duet with Jay Chou on 一路向北, a break-up song set in a car, and got to: 你说你好累 已无法再爱上谁 风在山路吹 过往的画面全都是我不对 细述惭愧 我伤你几回. Somehow, I had to sing the song three more times, each time with Jay's original vocalising on.
Ms C and Ms H indulged my madness, thinking I was just being my usual daft Jay-loving self. By the fourth time, Ms C, who is heavy with child and was also heavy with lunch, had curled up on the couch for an afternoon nap. And on I rasped uselessly, wholeheartedly but not as full-throatedly - the song was now some sort of sad lullaby.
2 comments:
Hi sweetheart, I didn't know that the Jay song reminded you of your brother's heartbreak! Go ahead and sing as many times as you want, I will "diam diam" and listen...
but you did.
:-)
actually i don't know whose heart is more broken. i suppose i am sad for them both.
Post a Comment