Since I'm still here to tell you this, it means only one thing. I haven't been kidnapped by Takeshi Kaneshiro - haven't even come close - and soon he will have come and gone from Singapore. And the world will have read about what a bastard he was, apparently, at an interview with two journalists here.
A few days ago, for a few happy hours, the interview was a dream assignment that had come to me. (I was so drunk on my daydreams, you have no idea.) Then the assignment went to somebody else, who came back from it saying it was a nightmare. What went wrong?
Now, Takeshi is here for his movie, Perhaps Love, which is about a jilted lover. On one hand, you do understand why a journalist, fishing for a good read in a 12-minute interview, would go hook, line and sinker for it and ask him as a first question, "So how many times have you been jilted?" And on the other hand, you don't have to be Einstein to understand why anybody would clam up at this question, do you?
But it is just as well that I wasn't there. I don't know the real Takeshi and I don't need to, as much as I did dream of being kidnapped by him. I know the make-believe movie Takeshi - the beautiful boy with the soul of a fat boy - who needs reality?
4 comments:
How come the assignment was taken from you?
Anyway, I don't think A-wu (or Ah-mou, as he calls himself in Chungking Express) is as bad as they write him to be. He just wants to talk about more intellectual things (rightly or wrongly). And frankly, I trust a person who takes some time to open up to me more than someone who will start telling me about his love life from the very start.
I think he said some pretty erudite things at the press con that wasn't reported in Life!. More's the pity. Two articles in a row telling us that he's a difficult interviewee isn't very useful.
Well, what they can give, they can take away. Maybe if I had expressed more of my enthusiasm, I would have kept the assignment...
poor precious, instead, you had to endure the extremely corny antics of certain ex-classmates. i'm glad you didn't change your mind about having dinner with us after those smses.
so care to divulge more of your takeshi fantasy? does he take you away decisively in some stereotypical macho fashion or just haul you into a van and force feed you ice-cream?
i would love to be kidnapped by takeshi too.
No there's no ice cream in my dream. He's the most renowned Asian recluse after Kim Jong Il right - so in my dream I would be some sort of hermit housewife...
Post a Comment