The first time I heard of the D spot, I was probably still in primary school. There was some silly Taiwan cartoon about some silly monks which I watched with my brother and cousin and in it, there is an old monk teaching new monks how to breathe very, very deeply.
氣運丹田 – 深呼吸 –
So someone breathes in such depth, sucking in so much air from all around him into his nostrils, towards the dantian, that everything not nailed down flies to his face – including an older monk. Breathing with the D spot was no joke, that much I knew then.
When I was in the choir in secondary school, we were told to stand and sing with the dantian, never mind that we didn’t know where it was. Our teacher said it was the diaphragm. Or she might have said it was the abdomen. I did what I could with my stomach. And maybe my intestines.
In yoga school, I have been learning how to breathe deeply and the trick, I am told, is to leave the nose out of it.
Pinch a point at the base of the neck with the hand when you take a breath, my teacher says. Think that you are breathing in and out there. Your breaths should be a bit deeper, a bit lower, than when you were breathing in with the nose and out with the mouth. You should sound like Darth Vader. Keep breathing but without bodily heaving.
Lie down on a floor with the buttocks against the wall. Keep the legs closed and up on the wall. Breathe. Be here for about a minute.
Keeping the legs on the wall, open them sideways such that they look like a V. Keep breathing. Be here for about a minute.
Keeping the legs on the wall, lower them sideways such that you seem to sit on the wall with the soles kissing each other. Keep breathing. Your breaths are now so deep, so low, you seem to be inhaling and exhaling from somewhere far below your belly button, close to your pubic region?
You are breathing with your dantian now, my teacher announces.
Oh. Oooh. Well, watch out, world.
2 comments:
N indeed, the improved technique shows :) Yours is still the best rendition of 《爱与痛的边缘》I've heard in a ktv joint, outshining legions of gay boys and breathy-voiced chicks.
thanks, thanks.
we haven't ktved since that saturday with you! it's been more than a month...but with cc out of action for the time being, xy and i have been looking for ktv kaki. i miss the mike.
Post a Comment