Saturday, January 14, 2006

In search of a lost self

I used to know this 17-year-old girl who wrote these intelligent, eloquent essays in under two hours. I used to be that girl. That girl has now devolved into me, this woman who wonders how she could have said all these things she meant to say about tear-jerking telethons in an editing-proof watertight essay – four days after it was published in a very rubbish version.

Where was that girl when I needed her?    

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I also want to let you know that I defended you in a conversation with my boos who thought you were very heartless after reading that article.

It might not fully express what you mean, but I understand completely. I felt manipulated too.

precious said...

Thanks for your support (as they say on telethons). But aiyah, why waste your saliva on your boss? Save it for when you talk to me mah - call me some time soon?