If ever my consciousness does converse with my subconsciousness, here is how their heart-to-heart might go.
Mr Con: We were there at all her kisses, right, which weren’t that terrific, right?
Ms Sub: More or less, yah.
Mr Con: Then how come you know things I don’t know? How did you come up with that kiss in last night’s dream?
Ms Sub: I improvised lah.
Mr Con: Don’t bluff. What about that –
Me: Eh, eh, eh. Shaddup leh.
So…I was with Viggo in my dream. It was a sweet dream, oh, it was sweet. I’m not about to kiss and tell – well, not more than what Mr Con and Ms Sub have told – but shall we say I woke up with an idiotic smile which would not go away, not even when I got to the office.
Maybe, just maybe, this, this waking life, is a dream and when I wake up, Viggo will be there again.
No…I didn’t believe that, not even when I was typing it. As beautiful as the butterfly dream is, I don’t think Zhuangzi means for us to think there is more to our dreams than we think. I think he means for us to think there is less to our waking lives than we think. I think I should stop thinking and go back to bed.
Good night, all, sweet dreams.
3 comments:
To dream of kissing - now that's a good dream.
Viggo??? Heheheh.
Dreamt about the ex the other night after not thinking about him for months. We were walking up a very long spiral staircase together, not holding hands, but walking very close. It felt very comfortable. Then at the top of the stairs, we parted and he kissed me, several times. It was nice. Then he said: Now you must say "I love you". And I replied: Yeah right, it's not like you ever say it yourself. Then I woke up, feeling warm and tingly but also slightly annoyed. Hahaha.
That's how it is with you, too? It's those you don't think of who come to you in your dreams? Because those who're too much on my conscious mind, they don't come to me in my dreams.
After I dreamt of Viggo, I tried to will one more dream of him the next night. It didn't work. Instead of Viggo, I dreamt of the woman who wrote Narnia. In my dream, she, not C.S., was the writer of Narnia. When I woke up, I tried to work out why I had dreamt of her. I think the signal I sent my subconscious mind, "Viggo", got garbled and translated as "Lord Of The Rings", which got garbled again and translated as "Narnia". Tragic...
Post a Comment